(Update 12 May 2021)
ALL XO HOTELS IN AMSTERDAM ARE OPEN
All XO Hotels in Amsterdam are open and apply stricter measures. We would like to ask you to take these measures into account to ensure your health and that of our employees. We hope to welcome you soon for a safe and comfortable stay at one of our XO Hotels.
Thank you for understanding and trust in our hotels.
Measures in Amsterdam and The Netherlands
- It is mandatory for everyone travelling from abroad to The Netherlands (by plane, train, bus or car) to have two different negative PCR test declarations. One negative PCR test must have been conducted no more than 72 hours before the passenger’s arrival, the second must be a quick test done just before departure.
- It is compulsory to keep at least 1,5 meters distance from other people (except people from your own household).
- In Amsterdam and The Netherlands, restaurants, bars and coffee shops are closed until at least 9 June. Take away and delivery is allowed. Terraces may open; a reservation is mandatory and the terraces may only open between 12 PM (midday) – 6 PM. From 19 May terraces may open from 6 AM to 8 PM.
Restaurants in hotels are also closed until at least 9 June. Take away is allowed (a breakfast package can be taken to your room).
- Museums, attractions and zoos are closed until 18 May. From 19 May they may reopen their outside areas, inside areas remain to be closed. A reservation is mandatory.
- Essential, non essential shops and markets are open as usual. Shops close no later than 8 PM, with the exception of supermarkets and other stores that sell predominantly groceries.
- There is a ban on alcohol after 8 PM. This applies to sales (also in supermarkets), deliveries and drinking alcohol in public spaces.
- Inside the group size is max. 2 persons. Outside the group size is max. 2 persons or 1 household (excluding children until 12 years old).
- It is mandatory for everyone aged 13 and over to wear a non-medical face mask in public transport and indoor public places.
- Public transport is only allowed for essential travel.
You can find all measures in the sheet below;
For more info on the measures starting 19 May;
For current information about the coronavirus in the Netherlands, we refer to the following websites:
Safe and comfortable stay at our hotels
The health and safety of our guests and colleagues is our main priority. Now and always. That is why we welcome our guests in an appropriate manner and in accordance with all regulations from the government and RIVM. To guarantee the safety in our hotels, we would like to ask you to observe the following policy during your visit to our hotel. This way you can be sure you will have a completely carefree and enjoyable stay.
- Follow indicated walking directions and hygiene measures
- Always keep at least 1.5 meters distance from other guests and employees
- Do not shake hands with fellow guests or hotel staff
- Wash your hands regularly and in accordance with RIVM guidelines
- Use paper towels to dry your hands
- Cough and sneeze in your elbow and turn away from fellow guests and hotel staff
- Do you have a cold or do you have other flu symptoms? Then stay home. If we suspect that you are showing symptoms of illness, we may have to decide not to let you enter our hotel
- The rooms are thoroughly cleaned every day by our housekeeping colleagues
- All objects that are often touched, such as lift buttons and payment terminals, are disinfected regularly
- Disinfectant soap and / or hand cleaner can be used in all receptions
- You can only pay with pin or credit card (contactless where possible)
- Colleagues are trained to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. Follow their directions at all times
We do everything we can to make your stay as safe and comfortable as possible. In case of questions or concerns, we advise guests to contact the hotel where they have booked.
Thank you for your confidence in XO Hotels and we hope to welcome you in one of our hotels soon.
Frequently asked questions
May the hotels of XO Hotels be open?
Yes, according to government guidelines it is allowed to be open as a hotel.
Is visiting a hotel of XO Hotels safe?
XO Hotels takes your health and that of the employees very seriously. We have tightened measures within the hotel so that this can be guaranteed. All XO Hotels are furnished according to the guidelines of the RIVM. As a hotel, we do everything we can to keep risks to a minimum.
As a hotel guest, can I use the restaurant facilities?
- All our hotels, except XO Hotels Van Gogh and XO Hotel Inner, offer breakfast. XO Hotels Infinity does not offer breakfast at the hotel, but guests of this hotel have the possibility to have breakfast at XO Hotels Blue Square, at 5 min. walking distance.
- Until further notice (date depending on the government measures) the breakfast will be offered as as a take away breakfast which can be consumed in the hotel room or outside the hotel. When government measures and hotel situation allow, we will serve a continental breakfast (date not set).
- A reservation for a specific time for (take away) breakfast needs to be made at least the night before.
- The dinner restaurant at XO Hotels Park West and XO Hotels Couture is closed until further notice.
- At XO Hotels Couture the bar is open for take away (only coffee and tea). At XO Hotels Park West the bar is closed until further notice.
Is it possible to order room service?
No, at this moment we do not offer room service in any of our hotels.
Is it possible to use facilities, such as renting a bicycle at the hotel?
Yes, it is possible to rent a bike. Ask at the reception about the possibilities.
The gym and the game room at XO Hotels Couture are closed until 19 May.
Can I change my booking on the day of arrival if I have a cold or cough?
We ask you to contact the reservation department of XO Hotels via email@example.com or +31 (0) 20 2629263.
Can I cancel or change my booking?
- If you have booked through an (online) travel agent, please contact the agent where you have made the booking. As you have not made the booking directly with us, we do not know the cancellation and/or change policy of your reservation and we can not change or cancel the booking.
- If you have booked another way (direct at the hotel/Booking.com/Expedia/Hotels.com) you can, if you have booked the flexible rate, cancel until 24 hours prior to arrival (when booked directly with the hotel) or 48 hours prior to arrival (when booked via the booking websites).
If you have booked a non refundable rate, it is not possible to cancel and receive (any) refund. Please contact us with all your booking details by email to see if a one-time date change would be possible for your booking.